Health & Beauty Seminar Series
The Spa at Hotel Galvez is introducing a new Health and Beauty Series to educate clients on popular health and beauty topics. Led by expert speakers and in-house staff, these educational sessions will begin in March and are scheduled at 6 p.m. at The Spa at Hotel Galvez, located at 2024 Seawall Blvd. The seminars are free and open to the public.
The schedule is as follows:
- March 6: Color Matching – Makeup Tips on Changing Your Look from Day to Night
- o Master your makeup! Watch several live makeup demonstrations that start with a color match test and end with finished faces. This class explores changing your look from day to night and offers tips on addressing your unique facial attributes as well as how to conceal the most common skin care issues.
- May 1: Skin and Hair Care Tips
- Spring time renewal! Have you ever wondered which products and ingredients to look for when addressing skin care needs to leave your skin, hair and nails in tip-top shape? Our talented stylists and estheticians will discuss everything from hair loss to protecting your skin and hair from seasonal changes in temperature and humidity.
- Aug. 7: The Importance of Good Nutrition
- Health is wealth! A strong immune system is what helps you fight, combat, prevent or reverse lifestyle diseases related to diet. Learn easy ways to minimize toxins in your life, what chemicals to look out for in cleaning products, organic vs. natural foods and much more.
- Oct. 2: Massage and Body Work
- The power of touch. Massage and body work continue to gain in popularity as people realize their significant health benefits such as lowering blood pressure and relieving pain. Learn about proper draping techniques, basic massage techniques and what to expect from body work.
- Dec. 4: Fitness and Body Wellness
- Fit for life! This seminar will focus on questions and answers from fitness professionals on everything from exercise progression to the best nutrition before and after a workout. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about fitness in a fun and open forum.